Marvel's Collections & Customs

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

+25
citizenalpha
sire-bd
niklos92
Redwing
silver samourai2
the liar
MrKami
nanjysan
yugioh
ynko
le Gardien
Furet03
doom
darthstitch
jarod1974
ydol
Das
micky willis
Rody Siffrecco
madeira7
american psycho
supwil
Obscure Creator
Galactus
Nightstar1441
29 participants

Stranger Bust Size

citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Stranger Bust Size Empty Stranger Bust Size

Message  citizenalpha Mar 12 Juin 2012, 18:58

As many of you know, I have committed to producing 4 kits - Puma, Brother Voodoo, the Stranger and one undetermined character. Puma is finished (sculpt) and Brother Voodoo has been started...which brings me to the Stranger. In the initial thread, it had been mentioned that he would be scaled down from 10' (3.05 meters). With arms and cape, he would be massive. The cape alone would require a separate mold. That makes this character too much of a finacial risk (at this size). I don't ever plan to profit from a kit, but I can't afford to lose a ton of money either. So...

If I go forward with the Stranger, he would either be an armless bust like the Bowen Giant Man or Eternity busts or I could make him scaled down from say...7/8 feet. Even at that, I'm guessing I would need to sell him for $90-$100. Third option is I could make him slightly larger than normal and keep the cost around $75.

I'm interested in getting some feedback. If making him armless or smaller would be a deal breaker for most people, I will probably just move on to another character.

Anyone who is willing to translate, feel free :-)
    jarvis69
    jarvis69
    Admin
    Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 17688

Stranger Bust Size Empty Re: Stranger Bust Size

Message  jarvis69 Mar 12 Juin 2012, 19:50

En français Stranger Bust Size 2426548061

Comme dit précédemment , Citizenalpha envisage de fire réaliser un buste de l'Etranger . Une question de " taille " ( il en change a loisir Wink ) se pose avec trois options possibles :

• Option 1 : Le représenter dans sa taille de 3 métres avec ses bras et sa cape ... il serait .. massif ! ( a elle seule la cape nécessiterait un moule séparé ..) . Avec un prix ... " a la hauteur " et donc des ventes plus aléatoires (méme si Kenn ne recherche pas de profits avec ses bustes ....il ne souhaite pas prendre un trop gros risque financier )
    • Option 2 : sans bras comme le Giant Man de Bowen a une taille inférieur ce qui permettrait un prix plus proche des 90 ou 100 $
    • Option 3 : Un taille juste un peu plus grande que les bustes " normaux " et conservé un prix proche de 75 $

Donnez votre avis car si le réaliser sans bras est un frein pour beaucoup de collectionneurs kenn envisage de passer a un autre personnage .

Statues collector
    Statues collector

Masculin Nombre de messages : 217

Message  Nightstar1441 Mar 12 Juin 2012, 20:36

Armless would probably be a pass for me.

For scale purposes - when you mention 7/8 feet - would that be on scale to say the Bowen Watcher mini-bust? I 'm thinking that scale would work fine for the Stranger...
    Galactus
    Galactus
    Membre d'honneur
    Membre d'honneur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 16675

Message  Galactus Mar 12 Juin 2012, 20:39

J'avais demander à un sculpteur ( qui du jour au lendemain a disparu de la circulation malgré un talent certain ) de me faire un buste de l'étranger, j'avais demander une taille plus grande que la normale mais pas non plus gigantesque ( dans l'idée, environ Arkillo ); donc je reste sur l'option 3.

Voila la dernière image que j'ai reçu de ce sculpteur.

Stranger Bust Size Coiffure

Sculpteur / Sculptor
    Sculpteur / Sculptor

Message  Obscure Creator Mar 12 Juin 2012, 22:53

Wow , that Stranger looks really good.
    So is this scupt oficially scrapped?

Also ,in my opinion a size of about 15 or 16 cm from waist to top of his head will be big enough to represent his comic size...
    supwil
    supwil
    Marvel Legends
    Marvel Legends

Masculin Nombre de messages : 121

Message  supwil Mar 12 Juin 2012, 22:56

Option 3 for me.
    citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Mar 12 Juin 2012, 23:58

Obscure Creator a écrit:Wow , that Stranger looks really good.
    So is this scupt oficially scrapped?

Also ,in my opinion a size of about 15 or 16 cm from waist to top of his head will be big enough to represent his comic size...

What's that? About 6.5" waist to top of head? That would make him big enough, but not overly big. If the cape could me sculpted to be close to the body it might be possible to produce at a reasonable price. I'll have to speak to the sculptor about that Wink
    Obscure Creator
    Obscure Creator
    Sculpteur / Sculptor
    Sculpteur / Sculptor

Message  Obscure Creator Mer 13 Juin 2012, 00:44

Yeah , between 6 and 6.5 inches. Most of the Bowen busts are between 10 to 13 cm (4 to 5 inches)
    So it will stay big enough , towering over all the others
    american psycho
    american psycho
    Statues collector
    Statues collector

Masculin Nombre de messages : 448

Message  american psycho Mer 13 Juin 2012, 02:07

like the giantman bust would be the ideal idea.
    loving the options of characters you are doing. cant wait till you share your 4th idea.
    madeira7
    madeira7
    Timide
    Timide

Stranger Bust Size Empty Stranger Bust Size

Message  madeira7 Dim 17 Juin 2012, 15:02

That Stranger looks great, I agree with everyone if you do him around 7'' to 8'' plus another 4'' for the base he will look much bigger than all of the rest and gets closer to the Eternity bust done by Bowen,

Also due to it's size I think people will understand if the price for him is around $100, look at the Killowog bust is priced at $95 and I believed has been selling good, for that photo alone of the Stranger I would be willing to pay $100 upwards as long the bust come with arms (no arms-no deal) and the right size.

Simply putting Stranger needs to be done bigger than the rest, and I believe that alot of us fans and collectors of Marvel MB character have been waitting for a piece like the Stranger, just look at Eternity and Surtur by Bowen how big they are, how expensive they are and they sold out in days.

Go big and you already can put me down for one Stranger and one Puma.
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Masculin Nombre de messages : 5269

Message  mimic Dim 17 Juin 2012, 15:18

madeira7 a écrit:That Stranger looks great, I agree with everyone if you do him around 7'' to 8'' plus another 4'' for the base he will look much bigger than all of the rest and gets closer to the Eternity bust done by Bowen,

Also due to it's size I think people will understand if the price for him is around $100, look at the Killowog bust is priced at $95 and I believed has been selling good, for that photo alone of the Stranger I would be willing to pay $100 upwards as long the bust come with arms (no arms-no deal) and the right size.

Simply putting Stranger needs to be done bigger than the rest, and I believe that alot of us fans and collectors of Marvel MB character have been waitting for a piece like the Stranger, just look at Eternity and Surtur by Bowen how big they are, how expensive they are and they sold out in days.

Go big and you already can put me down for one Stranger and one Puma.

I totally agree with that : huge and with arms : one of my favourite character Wink
    Galactus
    Galactus
    Membre d'honneur
    Membre d'honneur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 16675

Message  Galactus Jeu 28 Juin 2012, 14:23

So ?

Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Jeu 28 Juin 2012, 20:42

It's still on the list, but I don't have a sculptor lined up for it. When I get to it (if someone doesn't beat me to it) he will be on large and with arms.
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Jeu 28 Juin 2012, 22:50

citizenalpha a écrit:It's still on the list, but I don't have a sculptor lined up for it. When I get to it (if someone doesn't beat me to it) he will be on large and with arms.

Count me in:cheers:
    citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Mer 04 Juil 2012, 23:41

Okay - I now have a sculptor lined up for this piece. After much debate we have decided he will be roughly 6.5" tall from his waist to the top of his head. That doesn't sound very tall, but that will make him the same size as Bowen's Mangog and Bi-Beast busts. That's pretty big. He obviously won't be as bulky as those two characters, but with the cape he will large and impressive displayed with the other cosmic characters.
    Obscure Creator
    Obscure Creator
    Sculpteur / Sculptor
    Sculpteur / Sculptor

Message  Obscure Creator Jeu 05 Juil 2012, 00:05

Hey , maybe not that bulky because he doesn¡t have that "monster" body structure , but in the comic its always drawed very ripped and powerfull , so it will look like that Smile
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Dim 10 Mar 2013, 11:23

just my two pence but wouldn' t be fine he is the same size and scale than Galactus and Eternity Bowen busts ?
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Dim 10 Mar 2013, 11:24

By the way any news ?
    citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Lun 11 Mar 2013, 01:07

mimic a écrit:just my two pence but wouldn' t be fine he is the same size and scale than Galactus and Eternity Bowen busts ?

Sure - he could be the same scale as Eternity or Galactus if you don't want arms. I really want to produce a Stranger kit, but to do him in the scale/size people are asking for with arms and a cape is simply cost prohibitive from my perspective. Right now I am looking at two options:

1. Make him slightly larger than a normal Bowen. For example - a normal sized man at 1/6th scale instead of 1/8th.
    2. Make him in scale with Galactus, Eternity, Giant-Man etc, but without arms. Even in this example, it would be a large chunk of Resin.

At the end of the day, I can only produce something if I feel comfortable that it will not be a total loss $$$. I don't mind losing some money, but can not afford to sink $2,000 US into a large piece only to sell 10 for $100 or even $120. I think we can meet somewhere in the middle. The recent success of the recent Eternity bust is proof that with proper execution, an armless bust can still have a tremendous visual impact. Personally - I would prefer to go smaller and have arm/arms and a cape, but if people prefer large, I can go large, but it will either be smaller than people will want or as big as they want minus some anatomy.

As far as a time table - he won't be started until after Chris's Controller and my Brother Voodoo are completed as I want Diego (Obscure Creator) to do the sculpt.
    american psycho
    american psycho
    Statues collector
    Statues collector

Masculin Nombre de messages : 448

Message  american psycho Lun 11 Mar 2013, 01:10

Just make the Head like the Eternity bust.as long as the face is dead on arms arent needed.
    citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Lun 11 Mar 2013, 02:03

First - let me apologize for the sketch. I did it in a couple of minutes with 2 kids hanging on my legs :-) Obviously Diego will do a much better job of capturing the menace and arrogance of The Stranger then I can in a quick sketch. Perhaps a slight tilt of the head up and to the side to portray his confidence or down a bit with a menacing visage - looking down on those he is about to destroy. The base could be similar to Bowen's Giant Man with the top portion serving as the top part of his belt to work some green into the bottom of the sculpt. Cape billowing above his shoulders, but cropped close to his back. The back would be shallow behind the shoulders like the Giant Man bust to save on resin.

Stranger Bust Size 20130310_194355_zpsf759cd08
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Lun 11 Mar 2013, 02:26

What about a a carved Overmind's head onto the base ,with in the future an Overmind bust his counterpart and archnemesis: that s practically certain that people who will buy the Stranger bust ,will buy as well Overmind bust.
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Lun 11 Mar 2013, 03:13

Ken , I sent you a pm in your inbox Wink
    citizenalpha
    citizenalpha
    Peintre / Painter
    Peintre / Painter

Message  citizenalpha Lun 11 Mar 2013, 04:19

How about something like this? Base would be 3-4" in height. The torso would be roughly 6-6.5". He would not be as bulky as Bi-Beast, Mangog, or Surtur, but still muscular. His 9"-10.5" height would make him tower over other busts and would still leave a room for a matching Overmind. Would this be too tall? Really a lot of the height would come from the base. The cape would cling closely to his back and then wrap around the bottom of the base so it wouldn't be come to cumbersome or take up to much room.

Again - I apologize for the hasty sketch. I'm thinking the hands could be grasping, semi-clutched as if he is summoning cosmic power.

Stranger Bust Size 20130310_221052_zpsf0b0824a
    mimic
    mimic
    Ultime collector
    Ultime collector

Message  mimic Lun 11 Mar 2013, 07:33

Sounds good for me Wink

Contenu sponsorisé

Message  Contenu sponsorisé